• What is RCIA (Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults)?
The RCIA is a program of spiritual formation for adults for full participation in the life of the church. It is also an opportunity for people who are already Catholic but have not received all the Sacraments of Initiation — Eucharist and Confirmation. A third group of people who might be interested in joining the RCIA are Catholics who are interested in learning more about the Catholic Faith.
• What is the goal of the RCIA?
The goal is to introduce, foster, or deepen a person’s conversion into the community of the Church or to deepen a person’s relationship with the Lord.
• What is needed to join the RCIA?
What is needed is a willingness to commit to coming to a meeting with other parishioners and other interested people every other week, to pray, to study materials on given topics during the year, and to discuss the material given so that you can further understand the Catholic Faith and all that is involved in being a member of the Church.
• What is the time commitment for the program?
The RCIA Program will begin for this year on Mondays in October. The group meets on Monday evenings from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM every week until Easter.
• How do I find out more about the RCIA? If you are interested in joining our RCIA Program, or have questions about the program, please feel free to call the parish office at (215) 862-5472 or email Fr. Kindon at